Last night, I had a serious craving for something sweet and decided to “cheat” by making a box mix of a Reese’s dessert. I took a little bite to satisfy my fix, and while it was delicious, I knew I could/should, make a homemade version. Thus, I did just that today. I seriously LOVE the incredible combination of chocolate and peanut butter and knew this was going to be amazing. Well, amazing doesn’t do it justice… it’s OFF THE CHARTS! It tastes just like a Reese’s, and doesn’t require any baking, so super easy to whip together. Oh, and only has five (yes 5) ingredients!!!
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, plus 2 tbsp.
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter and peanut butter in the microwave until butter is melted.
- Mix in graham cracker crumbs & powdered sugar, and stir until well combined.
- Spread into dish, and place in fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips and 2 tbsp. peanut butter in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Pour and spread over peanut butter mix, and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Lift up out of dish and cut into squares.
What do you get when you combine chocolate chip cookie dough, Reese’s peanut butter cups and brownie mix??? I call it a little slice of heaven! If you’re a fan of these three things as much as I am, then you will fall in love with this amazing concoction. For real. And when I tell you they’re super easy to make, I kid you not.
- 1 package of break-apart cookie dough
- 24 regular or snack size Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 box of brownie mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Flatten a square of the chocolate chip cookie dough into the wells of a muffin tin (or in cupcake liners).
- Place a Reese’s, upside down, on top of the cookie dough.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on the box, and spoon over Reese’s-cookie dough, 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!
I decided to do a little experimenting in the kitchen yesterday with two of my favorite treats… Reese’s peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookies. The results were mind-blowing!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth with electric mixer on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- Measure out about a tablespoon of cookie dough. Roll into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hands.
- Place a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup in the centers of the flattened dough balls and form dough back into a ball around the Reese’s.
- Place Reese’s stuffed dough balls into the freezer for 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
You must be logged in to post a comment.