I decided to do a little experimenting in the kitchen yesterday with two of my favorite treats… Reese’s peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookies. The results were mind-blowing!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth with electric mixer on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- Measure out about a tablespoon of cookie dough. Roll into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hands.
- Place a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup in the centers of the flattened dough balls and form dough back into a ball around the Reese’s.
- Place Reese’s stuffed dough balls into the freezer for 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.