In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I decided to go a little Irish and make some corned beef and cabbage. I never made it before, so was very anxious to see how it’d turn out and if I’d enjoy it. And WOW, did I!! Not only is this recipe super easy, but it is also truly delicious!
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 (4 lb.) corned beef brisket in spices or with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer (you can omit this if desired)
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Garlic & pepper to taste
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the beer over the brisket, if using.
- Sprinkle on the spices from the packet (if included) , garlic and pepper, cover, and set the cooker on low.
- Cook the brisket for 7 hours.
- Stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.