This is, by far, my favorite recipe for beef tenderloin (filet mignon) that I’ve been making for years. The marinade is extremely simple, yet so very tasty.
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp minced garlic or 1 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 8 small new potatoes (1 lb), cut lengthwise in half
- 2 tbsp water
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In shallow glass or plastic dish, mix steak sauce, brown sugar & garlic; reserve 2 tablespoons sauce.
- Add beef to remaining sauce (about 1/4 cup); turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning beef 2 or 3 times, at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In 2-quart microwavable casserole, place potatoes and water; cover.
- Microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Place potatoes on sheet of heavy-duty foil.
- Spray potatoes with cooking spray; sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and paprika. Wrap securely in foil.
- When grill is heated, place beef and packet of potatoes on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill.
- Cook 7 minutes. Turn beef and potatoes; brush reserved sauce over beef. Cover and grill about 6 to 8 minutes longer for medium beef doneness; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes.