- 1 cup milk, room temperature or heat in microwave for 30 seconds
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp butter, chilled
- Preheat over to 425 F.
- Spray a popover or muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pan on center rack of oven and preheat for 2 minutes.
- Lightly blend flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until it looks like heavy cream, about 1 to 2 minutes, do not overbeat.
- Cut chilled butter into 12 small, even pieces. Place 1 piece of butter in each cup and place pan back in oven until butter is melted (about 1 minute).
- Fill each cup half full with batter and bake 20 minutes (no peeking… don’t open the door to check on them).
- Reduce heat to 325 F and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Serve piping hot with honey butter (see below for recipe), regular butter or jam.
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
Mix together until smooth and place in an airtight container in the fridge.