I love the cucumber salads at sushi restaurants, and a while back, made a copycat version at home. After recently buying an English cucumber for another recipe (which I can’t even remember now), I thought about making this super simple and yummy side dish again tonight. And when I say simple, I mean one of the easiest dishes you can make. If you like cucumbers, and enjoy vinegar flavor, you will love this refreshing salad.
- 2 medium cucumbers, or 1 large English cucumber
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted *
- Rinse cucumber(s) and pat dry. (I like to keep the skin on, but you can take it off, if you’d like.)
- Slice thinly using a food processor or sharp knife.
- Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
* To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.