Cornbread is another southern food I discovered while living in Georgia, which I truly enjoy. There are numerous variations of this dish, but this one is my go-to recipe since it’s quick and so very tasty!
- 1 cup Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, oil and egg in small bowl; mix well.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.