I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and Happy 2015!! As I’ve mentioned in some previous posts, I receive a ton of recipes emailed to me on a regular basis from various online sources, and saw one I wanted to try, especially since the big “Game Day” is approaching and I know people are always looking for new dishes to serve up at Super Bowl parties. The great thing about this recipe (by Pillsbury) is there are only five ingredients; well, really four… one is an optional garnish. The one thing I did differently from the original is heating up the dip. I tried it both cold and hot, and in my personal opinion, it’s much better when warmed. You can also add some shredded chicken, if desired.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4-5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup Yoplait® Greek 100 plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and all but 2 tablespoons of the blue cheese with electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add yogurt and wing sauce; beat 30 seconds longer.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Top with 2 tablespoons reserved blue cheese and green onions. Drizzle with additional wing sauce, if desired.
- For the heated version, follow steps 1 & 2, transfer to a greased casserole dish, and cook in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 35 minutes or until hot. Stir, then top with the reserved blue cheese and green onions.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, cauliflower, broccoli, tortilla chips, or chicken strips.
Yields 16 servings