I’ve said it before, but in case you missed it… I LOVE sauces, and think they can take a dish to the next level. I made some baked fish last night (which was amazing, and will post soon), and knew I wanted some type of sauce to accompany/compliment it, so put on my creative thinking cap. I’ve been on a big avocado kick lately, and my fish recipe included lime juice, so I figured I’d whip up a sauce which included both, but also wanted it to be healthy. Thus, I used greek yogurt instead of mayo! The results were fantastic and added that little extra something to my dinner. This would be great on chicken, grilled steak, pork, fish and tacos.
Since I made this just for moi, I used half of an avocado, which still yielded enough for a few servings, but if you’re feeding four or more, I’d double the recipe.
- Half medium avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Mash avocado well with fork in a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and chill covered in fridge until ready to use.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.