With summer quickly approaching, I’m doing my best to eat healthier without sacrificing flavor. I’ve been marinating chicken wings (yes, I’m baking them), and decided I wanted a blue cheese dip to accompany them this time, but know that packs a punch with fat and calories, so was on the hunt for a lighter recipe. I found quite a few using non-fat Greek yogurt, and went with the one I wanted to try, making a couple of modifications. I love that this is about half the calories of your traditional blue cheese dressing and the only fat comes from the blue cheese/gorgonzola. Blue cheese lovers rejoice!!!
- 2 tbsp. gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- Juice of 1/4 small lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pinch garlic powder
- Pinch onion powder
- Drizzle of honey or agave
- Combine blue cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, Worcestershire and vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add all seasonings and a drizzle of agave or honey and stir well with a fork.
- Serve with chicken wings, your favorite salad, veggies, etc.
The thickness of the dressing will vary depending on the brand of Greek yogurt you use. If necessary, add water (one tablespoon at a time) and stir until dressing reaches desired consistency.