Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July holiday! I went to an amazing party with out-of-this-world food, and zoned in on a goat cheese appetizer that was insanely delicious… which I made a significant dent in since I wholeheartedly love the combination of goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar!!! Fortunately, I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely woman, Alicia, who brought the dish and quite ironically, after I attempted to recreate it last night, she contacted me on here. So I now have THE recipe for this incredible appetizer, which she kindly shared with me. She’s also a blogger, so check out her site by clicking on her name or going to my Blogs I Like page, and clicking on What Manhattan Beach Needs Is link.
- 8-10 oz. goat cheese log
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 5 whole sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- Roasted pine nuts
- Place goat cheese in a bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add balsamic and honey, and warm in microwave just enough to stir.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and basil to balsamic mixture.
- Pour over cheese and top with pine nuts.
- Marinate for about an hour. *
- Serve with crackers (I like Trader Joe’s sesame thins) or thinly sliced bread.
* If you marinate in the fridge, make sure to let stand at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes.