You wouldn’t know it by the weather here in Southern California right now, but it IS officially fall, and Halloween and Thanksgiving are right around the corner. And, as much as I adore summer, I have to admit, I’m a big fan of both holidays, especially turkey day because of all of the incredible food! Last year, I was invited to someone’s house for the holiday, and was in charge of bringing a couple of dishes – one being dessert. Since I’m a huge cheesecake lover, I decided to go with a pumpkin cheesecake, and I must tell you, it received rave reviews! That same cheesecake actually won a bake-off contest at work! Need I say more? Rest assured, this recipe will not disappoint, and people will be asking you for it!
- 38 Nabisco Ginger Snaps, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (I like to use candied pecans)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 325.
- Mix crumbs, nuts and butter; press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, spice and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low-speed after each just until blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour 20 min. to 1 hour 30 min., or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.