Here’s another recipe for chicken enchiladas that is on the healthier side, but still so very good!
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pre-shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 2/3 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (saute, if desired)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Remove 1 cup chicken mixture; set mixture aside.
- Arrange 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla. Roll jelly-roll style; place filled tortilla, seam side down, in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 7 tortillas and remaining chicken mixture.
- Spread reserved 1 cup chicken mixture evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese and green onions; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.