Some of you may be asking… what are Popchips? Well, for starters, they are my favorite chips. Why? For many reasons. First off, they are healthy, delicious and all-natural. They’re not fried or baked, but… popped. And NO preservatives. They come in a variety of flavors to tantalize everyone’s taste buds. So, while I was snacking on some, I thought, these would be great to use on baked chicken. I came up with a quick recipe that I literally, just whipped up. I decided to try the BBQ (pictured on the left) & also, the Cheddar. Scrumptious! I have a half cutlet left, so will reheat it tomorrow & serve it with creamy cheese grits that I made earlier today (I’ll post that recipe soon)! For those of you with kids, you can make chicken fingers or nuggets & just provide some dipping sauce for fun.
- 3 chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp honey
- Black pepper to taste
- 12 Popchips (any flavor)
- Preheat over to 375F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- In shallow bowl, combine cream, salt, pepper & honey. Mix well.
- Crush Popchips on a folded sheet of parchment paper using a rolling pin to make crumbs, place in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken in cream mixture, coat on both sides, and then dredge in chip crumbs.
- Place cutlets on baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes.