A scrumptious dessert with Rice Krispies, chocolate, peanut butter and butterscotch.
Before measuring the corn syrup, coat your measuring cup with cooking spray — the syrup will pour easily out of the cup.
Recipe courtesy of Kellogg’s.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (or Cocoa Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (or peanut butter chips)
- Place corn syrup and sugar in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well-coated.
- Press mixture into 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in 1-quart saucepan over low-heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm.
- Cut into 2×1 inch bars when cool.
6 thoughts on “Chocolate Scotcheroos”
Oh my LORD!!!!!
Wow what a delicious recipe! The picture looks so amazing. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Someone at my church used to make these all the time for potluck lunches. They are so tasty.
This recipe looks like something I will try. I really like your blog and will be anxious to see future post.
Stop by my blog at http://www.yellow6347.wordpress.com and read about Each Day Is New.
Brenda, thank you for checking out my blog. I highly recommend the Chocolate Scotcheroos…they’re so delicious! I look forward to reading your blog, as well 🙂
i have enjoyed reading thank for sharing your story Greeting.