A scrumptious dessert with Rice Krispies, chocolate, peanut butter and butterscotch.
Before measuring the corn syrup, coat your measuring cup with cooking spray — the syrup will pour easily out of the cup.
Recipe courtesy of Kellogg’s.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (or Cocoa Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (or peanut butter chips)
- Place corn syrup and sugar in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well-coated.
- Press mixture into 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in 1-quart saucepan over low-heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm.
- Cut into 2×1 inch bars when cool.