This is a lovely side dish that not only tastes great, but is very low in carbs.
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. goat’s cheese (I recommend herb-coated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the cauliflower over medium heat in a large pot of lightly salted water until completely tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower into a colander. With a bowl or small plate, press on the cauliflower to remove all the water. Toss the cauliflower and continue pressing. This step is very important to the texture of the dish.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor (or blender).
- Add the cream and puree until completely smooth. If you like a chunkier texture, mash by hand, adding the cream after the cauliflower is mashed.
- Return to the pot. When you are ready to serve the puree, heat over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter, Parmesan and goat’s cheese. Stir until incorporated and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Feel free to add 1 tsp minced garlic and/or 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives for additional flavor.