Another wonderful recipe from Clean Eating
To save time & make this Asian-inspired meal even simpler than it already is, pre-chop your vegetables and let your chicken marinate in the fridge for up to 8 hours ahead of time. Then, when you’re ready to eat, it’ll just take 10 minutes to get dinner on the table.
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ging, grated
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breasts), chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes.
- Place chicken in a large shallow dish and pour soy sauce mixture over chicken, tossing gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and marinade, saute for 5 minute or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add pineapple and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately over rice for a complete meal, if desired.
One thought on “Sweet & Sour Chicken”
This looks delicious, I’m going to have to try this for sure!