This delicious chicken recipe is low in calories and fat, but gives you a nice dose of protein.
Recipe courtesy of celebrity chef, caterer and TLC cooking maven, Deborah Fewell (in Clean Eating).
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 9 yellow teardrop or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 full sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp chile flakes (if you want more heat, increase by 1/4 tsp at a time)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic glaze*
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6 oz each)
*Balsamic glaze can be found in your local supermarket. Or, you can make it yourself by boiling 2 cups balsamic vinegar over med-high heat until it’s reduced to a thick consistency or coats the back of a spoon (about 30 min).
- In a medium bowl, toss together 1 tbsp oil & the next 8 ingredients. Season with salt & pepper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over med-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to pan, then place chicken into pan.
- Let chicken brown and cook for about 3 minutes, then turn over to cook on opposite side for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook chicken for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and transfer to plate, spooning 1/4 of salsa evenly over each breast.
- Serve hot.