Heart whole-wheat angel hair pasta cooks in just four minutes and makes this Asian-flavored dish much more satisfying than the standard rice noodle due to its filling whole grains and fiber. And, basil isn’t just for Italian food-paired with mint, it takes on an exotic spiciness.
- 16 oz extra-firm water-packed tofu (not silken)
- 12 oz whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh spearmint, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- Drain tofu, then wrap in a kitchen towel. Put on a cutting board, place weight on top, such as a heavy pot, and let drain for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, mix ginger, honey, oil, soy sauce, basil and spearmint. Add tofu & pepper, tossing to coat.
- Add pasta to bowl with tofu mixture and toss gently to coat pasta with dressing.
- Serve at room temperature or cover & chill in refrigerator for up to 2 days.