For those of you that don’t know me personally, I’ll fill you in on one of my passions… cupcakes. Specifically, mini-cupcakes (aka little cakes). I love making them about as much as I enjoy eating them. I recently made these marble cupcakes, which basically just consists of devil’s food cake and yellow cake, swirled. Since time was a factor, I “cheated” and used two cake mixes and two containers of frosting (one chocolate and one vanilla), instead of making them from scratch.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 box Betty Crocker Yellow cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 container Betty Crocker Chocolate frosting
- 1 container Betty Crocker Vanilla frosting
- Follow directions on cake mix, which includes oven temp and baking time.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Frost using a mix of chocolate and vanilla frosting. I used a decorator’s bag and tip to get a unique blend of the two frostings and the grooved design pictured above. Of course, you can simply use a knife and just use a little bit of both frostings.