Here’s a low-fat, low-cholesterol and low-calorie chicken dish that’s quick & easy to whip up during the week.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp blackened seasoning mix or jerk seasoning (dry)
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- Remove fat from chicken.
- Mix 1 1/2 tsp of lime juice, seasoning mixture and cumin.
- Rub mixture evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Spray 10 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray & heat over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter/margarine in skillet.
- Cook chicken in butter/margarine about 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink when center of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp lime juice and the water to drippings in skillet.
- Heat to boiling. Boil & stir about 45 seconds or until liquid is reduced to about 2 tbsp.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.