Love guacamole? Me, too! Here is an easy, but tasty dish you can whip in about 10 minutes.
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted & mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 to 3 chopped serrano chiles (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the avocados, lime juice and salt – mash well.
- Add in the onion, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Best to refrigerate for 1 hour, but can be served immediately.
Use Hass avocados, the brown, wrinkly kind, for guacamole. They’re especially rich & creamy. Buy avocadoes that are slightly soft, but not squishy. Ripen in a paper bag with a banana or an apple at room temperature. Store ripe avocados in the fridge for 2 or 3 days.