The Lawrence Family Beef Brisket ™ This wonderfully delicious recipe has been in our family for ages and if you do meat, then I highly suggest you try this out. If you would like to make this in a crock pot, you can simply throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for about 9 hours. Ingredients
- 5 lb 1st cut beef brisket
- 16 oz can cranberry sauce with berries
- 8 oz tomato sauce (I use Hunt’s)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg Lipton’s onion soup mix
- 3 tbsp sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large pyrex dish, combine the cranberry sauce, tomato sauce, water, soup mix and sugar (if using) and stir well.
- Add the brisket, flat side down, and cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Cook for 4 hours & baste twice while cooking.
Note: one of my family members likes to sear the brisket for 5 minutes on each side prior to cooking.