What can I say about hummus… it’s yummy, healthy and now I know, super easy to make at home. There are so many variations to suit your taste buds, the possibilities are almost endless. Sweet potato, pumpkin, black bean, sun-dried tomato, roasted rep pepper… you get the idea. I think this recipe is great as is, but if you’re more of a lime person, feel free to substitute lime juice instead of lemon.
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted & roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp. water
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Ground pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine garbanzo beans, avocado, cilantro, garlic, Tahini, lemon juice, and salt. Process until smooth.
- With machine running, add olive oil through feed tube in a slow steady stream, then add water, 1 tbsp. at a time until oil is incorporated and mixture is very creamy.
- Add cayenne, if using, and pepper to taste, and stir well.
- Serve with pita bread, chips and/or vegetables.
You must be logged in to post a comment.