I catered a charity art event in Beverly Hills and had to come up with some “crowd-appropriate” hors d’oeuvres. This dish went over incredibly well and there wasn’t one left (out of the 200 prepared). It does take some time (and patience) to put these together, but the presentation is lovely and your guests will be impressed.
- 1 pkg smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 carton of creme fraiche
- 1 box cheddar & asiago cheesecrisps (John Wm Macy’s)
- 1 jar of caviar
- Fresh chives, sliced to 1 inch in length
- Set your cheesecrisps on a plate or tray.
- Cut up salmon into thin strips (see pic) then place on top of crisps.
- Put a dollop of the creme fraiche on top of the salmon. I used a decorator bag with a small, round tip. Alternatively, you can use a ziplock bag and cut off the corner so there is just a very small opening.
- Add a small amount of the caviar on top of the creme fraiche with a toothpick.
- Top off with a sliver of the chives.
Voila… you have an easy (no cooking) and beautiful appetizer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.