I hope everyone had a happy and safe Fourth of July celebration with lots of delicious food. 🇺🇸 It’s been a while since I posted a new recipe (I’ve taken a little hiatus in the kitchen), and thought I’d share this one I made yesterday. It can be a nice main or side dish, and is yummy both warm or chilled. I kept this pretty simple which made it quick and easy, but you can add your favorite vegetables, and/or chicken or tofu… lots of possibilities. I used tricolor rotini, but feel to go with whatever pasta you’d like (bowtie, penne, small shells, etc.).
The sun-dried tomatoes are used to make a “pesto”, which I decided to do without the use of a food processor. It was a little more work, but I wanted chunkier bits incorporated into the salad and I think it was perfect.
This serves 3-4, so double the ingredients if needed.
- 6 oz. (about half a box) of tri-color rotini
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Basil, for garnish
- Combine your finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, garlic, olive oil and balsamic in a bowl and stir very well.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the tomato pesto, and season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Fold in 1 1/2 oz. goat cheese, until melted and well incorporated, and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Crumble the remaining goat cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Garnish with fresh basil.