I stumbled across a couple of recipes for this dip on Super Bowl weekend, and being a lover of the infamous BLT, I just had to try it. I took things from both recipes I found, and combined them to make a scrumptious appetizer. I substituted Greek yogurt for sour cream to make this a tad healthier, and if you want to further reduce calories and fat content, you can cut the mayo in half to just a half of a cup, which will produce a bit thicker of a dip (but still yummy).
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled & divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Roma tomatoes (or 1 large regular), seeded, chopped & divided
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Set aside ½ cup crumbled bacon.
- Mix mayonnaise, greek yogurt, and cream cheese in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Crumble bacon into mixture and stir.
- Add cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic powder, and one tomato, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a shallow dish or pie pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, remaining crumbled bacon, lettuce and green onions over hot dip.
- Serve immediately with your favorite crackers or chips.