I whipped up this little omelet this morning, and wasn’t going to post it, then thought, why not share the deliciousness?!! Obviously, you can add (or omit) whatever veggies and/or spices that suit your fancy, but I love the combination of what I put into mine today. If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, just substitute your favorite.
- 1/2 cup egg whites, from 4 large eggs or liquid whites
- 2 pearl onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. jalapeño peppers, sliced or diced
- 1 tbsp. goat cheese
- 3-4 cherry or plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. cilantro, more or less to taste
- 1/8 tsp. Mexican chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions to pan and sauté for approximately 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Remove from skillet & set aside.
- Wipe down pan and add remaining oil back to skillet.
- Put egg whites and spices in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until slightly frothy.
- Pour mixture into heated pan, swirl around a little and let cook for about 5 minutes, until almost completely set and opaque.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the sautéed onions, to one side of the omelet, then sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Fold “empty” side of omelet over the other side and carefully slide out of pan onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with additional avocado slices and salsa, if desired.