Believe it or not, I’ve never stripped corn to get fresh kernels… until today. I came across a recipe for linguine with fresh vegetables, which included corn, and although it looked delicious, I’ve been veering away from pasta as of late. So, I thought I’d make the corn and either eat it solo or add it to a salad. This is a quick and easy recipe, which yields super yummy corn!
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the leaves and “silk” from the ear of corn, then chop off the pointed top and stalk. Use a sharp knife to shave off the kernels — either stand ear upright on its base and shave downward, or lay on its side on a cutting board to slice off the kernels.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add corn, garlic and salt and pepper to pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Serve hot or cold.