I LOVE Trader Joe’s and their packaged egg white salad, however, it’s a bit pricey, so decided to make a version of my own today. You can really tailor this to suit your own taste by using various herbs, seasonings and veggies, but I think this recipe has some really great flavor (in my humble opinion).
- 4 large hardboiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. celery, fined diced
- 1 tbsp. light mayo or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. chives
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- Put enough water in a medium pot to cover eggs.
- Bring to a boil, cover pot and shut off heat. Keep eggs in pot for 20 minutes.
- Discard hot water, then run under cold water and peel the eggs, tossing out the yolks.
- Chop finely with fork (and knife, if needed).
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.