I recently bought some shrimp to make another batch of my (yummy) shrimp stew, and had about a dozen leftover, which immediately led to thoughts of
devouring having shrimp cocktail. Then I realized, I didn’t have any cocktail sauce in the house, and figured I could just whip some up. After making this recipe, I probably won’t ever buy ready-made again! Oh, and I love that it takes about two minutes to make! Easy peasy!
- 5 tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce (I used Huy Fong chili garlic sauce since I had it on hand – original recipe calls for Heinz)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. prepared horseradish (or more if you want to increase the heat)
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.