This aioli goes with the Mini Crab Cakes, but is a lovely addition to seafood, and can also be used in sandwiches or over grilled chicken.
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard (not coarse grained)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, trimmed of the stem bottoms, and patted dry
- Kosher salt
- Add the egg yolk to the bowl of your food processor with the blade attachment. Whisk in lime juice and mustard.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oils and then add the oil mixture in a slow steady trickle through the opening in your processor while the blade is whisking constantly.
- Continue until all the oil is incorporated and the mixture has emulsified (thickened to a creamy consistency).
- Add the garlic cloves and cilantro in small bunches, allowing it all to be processed and incorporated.
- Season with kosher salt to taste.
- Chill, covered, until ready to use.