Recipe courtesy of one my favorites, Betty Crocker
Organic tomatoes, goat cheese and thyme are the signature flavors of this classic Italian recipe.
- 2 logs (4 oz each) soft goat cheese, cut into 8 (1 inch) slices
- 1 can* (14.5 oz) organic, diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 slices (1/2 inch thick) baguette (about 8 oz), toasted
- Heat over to 350F.
- In ungreased, 1-quart shallow ovenproof dish, place cheese in a single layer.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, olives, thyme leaves and pepper flakes over cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until warm and serve with baguette slices.
*Unlike fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes contain more nutrients and lycopene because they are pre-cooked, which enhances their nutritional content.
2 thoughts on “Tomato-Goat Cheese Bruschetta”
It looks stunning. It seems easy to make as well. Thanks for sharing.
It’s my pleasure 🙂