I was never a big Salmon fan, up until a few years ago. I have quite a few delectable recipes… we’ll start off with this one (it’s amazing)!
- 1/4 cup bourbon (use straight bourbon if you can, or something like Jim Bean)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 (6 oz) salmon filets
- Combine the bourbon, orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, onions, chives, lemon juice and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag, then add the salmon to the bag.
- Seal and marinate for 1 1/2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Remove salmon from the bag, reserving the marinade.
- Place salmon a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with marinade.