I recently had dinner at my neighborhood sushi restaurant, and remembered the last time I ate there was when my best friend was visiting over Memorial Day weekend. We ordered their mango and avocado salad, which was seriously amazing. I didn’t order it this time (sigh), but kept thinking about it after I got home, and decided to make a similar version after a trip to Trader Joe’s the following day. There is so much flavor in this quick fruit salad, not to mention, it’s extremely healthy. Two days later, I’m still enjoying it!!!
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 8-10 plum or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Toss in mangoes, avocado and tomatoes to coat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
You must be logged in to post a comment.