A fresh fruit salsa is a lovely accompaniment to grilled fish in the summer; try it also with striped bass or arctic char. The season’s juiciest peaches pair with fiery habanero pepper for a sweet-spicy flavor. Leave the peaches unpeeled for more color and texture.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped, peeled yellow peaches (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup thinly slice green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (6 oz) skinless halibut filets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- To prepare salsa, combine first 9 ingredients; toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- To prepare fish, combine 2 tbsp juice, oil, paprika and 2 minced garlic cloves in a large shallow glass baking dish, stirring with a whisk, Add fish to juice mixture; turn to coat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper. Place fish on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve fish with salsa.
You must be logged in to post a comment.