Sorry I haven’t posted in a while… I did a little traveling to South Florida and went on the most amazing adventure trip to Costa Rica with a ginormous group of friends. Truly EPIC! But I’m back now, and have a scrumptious recipe to share (courtesy of my Mom). I was very anxious to see how the apples would mesh in this dish, and honestly, was blown away when it was done!
- 1 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 crisp, sweet apple, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coarse ground mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in pan; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Add leeks, apples, and garlic to chicken; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until leeks begin to soften. Reduce heat on pan to low.
- Combine broth, syrup, mustard, vinegar, and thyme, then add to chicken; simmer 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens and chicken is 165°F.
- Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes to rest.
- Slice chicken, serve and enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.