I’m always looking for new (and easy) ways to make baked chicken, and have experimented recently in the kitchen with crackers and cereal. Last night, it was Honey Bunches of Oats, and I am so pleased with how it turned out. And talk about simple… only three ingredients!!
- 1 lb. thin chicken breast or tenders
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- Put cereal in a Ziploc bag, crush with rolling pin, or your hands, then transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg, turning to evenly coat.
- Roll chicken in cereal crumbs on both sides.
- Place in a baking dish, or on a cookie sheet, lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.