Recipe courtesy of Jillian Michaels’ Ripped in 30 meal plan
Now that summer and beach season is right around the corner (Yay), I am going to be focusing more on healthy, low-calorie dishes so I (you) can enjoy a tasty meal without the guilt. I just made this recipe for the first time tonight, and am happy to report that it is delicious! I’ve made a few alterations, which I’ll include along with the original recipe.
~ Makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb skinless, boneless organic chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium barbeque sauce
- 15 oz (1 can) low-sodium black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) organic reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used 1/4 cup)
- 4 Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain tortillas (or substitute Mission Life Balance whole wheat tortillas)
- 1/4 cup organic nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or substitute organic nonfat honey Greek yogurt)
- 2 tsp salsa (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion & garlic; cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, stirring constantly.
- Stir in barbeque sauce & beans.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook for 5-10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. (I recommend cooking for at least 10 minutes so the flavors blend well)
- Warm tortillas in a separate skillet until lightly brown. (You can skip this step if your tortillas are at room temperature)
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1 tbsp Greek yogurt, and roll up.
- Add a little salsa to the top of the rolled up tortilla and/or put on the side. (optional)
368 Calories per serving, 13.3 g Fat, 29.1 Carbohydrates, 544 mg Sodium, 4.8 g Fiber, 34.9 g Protein