A super simple marinade for grilling your shrimp! Makes a lovely appetizer or a great meal.
- 1/4 cup Heinz 57 sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a medium bowl, whisky together Heinz 57 sauce, wine, oil, lemon juice and basil, until well mixed.
- Pour into resealable plastic storage bag. Add shrimp and seal tightly, turning until well coated. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for up to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator, reserving the marinade and discarding the bag.
- Thread shrimp onto 4 skewers (metal or bamboo) and grill for 4 – 7 minutes, or until cooked through, turning often and basting with reserved marinade during the last 3 minutes of grilling.
Note: if you’re using bamboo skewers, let them soak in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling to avoid burning.