I think the name says it all! Yum! While this recipe can be made entirely by scratch, I am going to give you the shorter/quicker/easier version so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time outdoors enjoying summer & BBQ season.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 box Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (w/chocolate syrup pouch)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs, needed for brownie mix
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- For the crust, put graham crackers in a large Ziploc bag & crush them with a rolling-pin or skillet until they’re fine crumbs. You can also simplify this by purchasing a box of graham cracker crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased, 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Bake the crust until slightly darkened & firm to touch, approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven & reduce temperature to 325F.
- Make the brownies according to box directions.
- Pour brownie batter over the graham cracker crust & bake 35-40 minutes, making sure not to overbake. Note: a toothpick stuck into the brownie will not some out clean when done cooking. You want to have a center that’s texture is similar to fudge.
- Remove the brownies from the oven & allow to cool before topping with marshmallows. Note: this is a good time to cut the brownies, as it can get a bit messy with the melted marshmallows.
- Set oven to broil & carefully position rack about 6 inches from the broiler.
- Top brownies with marshmallows (use more if you like) and heat 20-30 seconds until marshmallows are golden brown. Watch very carefully as it can go quick & you want to avoid burning.