Here’s a spicy shrimp recipe served in a bowl and with bread for dipping. You may need a fire extinguisher.
- 2 lbs raw large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- Preheat over to 350F.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, simmer all ingredients (except shrimp) until well blended.
- Place sauce and shrimp in large shallow baking pan and bake approximately 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center.
- Serve in bowls with crusty French bread for dipping.
5 thoughts on “Killer Shrimp – Don’t Be Scared”
Hi, I noticed you had this tagged as vegetarian…vegetarians don’t eat fish. You could make it vegetarian by replacing the shrimp with tofu or tempeh, and using a vegetarian worcestershire sauce. Thanks!
Hi Karen, I know some vegetarians that don’t eat meat or poultry, but do eat fish. Maybe they’re called a different name. I’ll remove the veg tag from it. And thanks for the suggestions 🙂
Some call themselves pescatarians, but really they are just picky omnivores. 🙂
“Pesco-vegetarians eat fish, dairy products, and eggs along with plant foods. (We believe this is the healthiest diet for most people). ” William Sears, MD and Martha Sears, RN.
Oh, by the way, I’m making those shrimp the next time I get my hands on some good ones!
Let me know how you like! I’m a HUGE sushi fan and love shrimp! Will be blogging about my seared tuna that is absolutely scrumptious 🙂