Being from Upstate New York, I grew up consuming a LOT of Buffalo wings, which were normally served with blue cheese dressing on the side. Flash forward many years… and now, when I do eat wings, I usually dip them in Ranch. However, I don’t keep Ranch dressing in my fridge, so decided to make my own the other day since I recently made some delicious drumettes. I’m no Ranch dressing connoisseur, but I think this easy recipe is incredibly tasty!
The consistency of this is more of a dip, so if you desire it thinner to use on a salad, eliminate the sour cream.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried chives
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- Generous pinch of seasoned salt
- Generous pinch of ground black pepper
- Combine mayo & buttermilk in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and whisk well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
* Tip: If you’re a blue cheese person, simply add 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire to the recipe and some gorgonzola, and voila… blue cheese dressing!