I’m back! Sorry I’ve been away for so long! Thought I’d share a very quick and easy chicken dish that I made tonight. This is not my recipe, but one that I found on the can of French’s French Fried Onions… and it’s so good! That is, if you like onions. It’s also pretty low in calories, so definitely guilt-free :)
~ Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups French’s® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine onions and flour. Lightly crush with hands or a rolling pin.
- Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.
- Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion mixture. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until juices run clear and no longer pink in the middle.
* To add a sweet & tangy taste, substitute 1/4 cup honey mustard instead of using the egg when coating the chicken with the onion pieces.
360 Calories, 19 g Fat, 8 g Saturated Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 131 mg Cholesterol, 32 g Protein, 13 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 225 mg Sodium