- Small skewers or long tooth picks
- Bocconcino (aka mozzarella balls, can be purchased either plain or in herb-flavored oil)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Kalamata olives (optional)
- If using skewers, soak them in water for approximately 1 hour.
- Simply place one tomato, a folded piece of basil, one bocconcino, another piece of basil and a kalamata olive on a skewer or toothpick. Repeat.
- Drizzle with a little olive and balsamic and a dash of salt & pepper.
Voila… a portable caprese salad!